Connect with Chef Alli



Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lattice-Top Cherry Pie: Marjorye Savage Heeney Cooks with Chef Alli

There was no hesitation.  When I asked Marje to be my cooking partner for a WIBW Culinary Segment, she let me know right up front she wanted to make a cherry pie.  That was no surprise - I've known Marje my entire life and it seems as though she has always known what she's wanted and how to pursue it with passion.  



I often run across Marje in the produce section of Hy-Vee Topeka as she's shopping for fruits and veggies, trying her best to keep her diet healthy.  Sometimes I can only see the feather in her hat as it moves along the top of the case, letting me know its Marje shopping on the other side.  I look forward to visiting with Marje because she brightens my day, always encouraging me with a good word.  And, I must admit, I'm always curious to see which hat it is that Marje has chosen to wear for the day - this is her Topeka trademark and each hat is unique, very fitting of her wonderful, adventurous spirit.   

Marje, thanks for joining me in the kitchen - I'm glad we could figure out the lattice top together on that "cheater" cherry pie!  For those of you wondering, we called it a ccp (cheater cherry pie) because we simply used canned cherry pie filling with a little added almond extract and pastry crust straight from the a box! No recipe, few ingredients, fast fixin's!



Now You're Cookin',
Chef Alli

Printfriendly