Connect with Chef Alli



Thursday, May 9, 2013

Choco Peanut Butter Freezer Cookies

My Mom used to make these for us when we were kids.  I prepare these treats in small batches and hide them in the freezer for when I need a chocolate boost, usually about 4:00 p.m. every day when I get my sinking spell, like Barney Fife.   I can't locate my Mom's recipe anywhere to give specific ingredient amounts, so I'm just going to give the steps below for how I typically prepare them - there's really no wrong way to make them!




1.  Place a small sauce pan over low heat.
2.  Add 1/4 cup butterscotch chips and 1/4 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips. ( I never measure but I know these two should be fairly equal in proportion to each other.)
3.  Fling in a spoonful of creamy peanut butter (approx. 2 Tbs., I'd say) and combine all ingredients, stirring occasionally until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
4.  Add approx. 2 cups Rice Krispies to chocolate mixture and toss to coat.  (If you want your little chocolate blobs to be more luscious, stir in fewer Rice Krispies to the chocolate mixture, and vice versa.  Like I said, I never measure - I'm just adding and stirring by sight.) 
5.  Use your ice cream scoop and place in little bundles onto a cookie sheet.  
6.  Pop into the freezer and try to be patient for a few minutes while they solidify.
7.  Once frozen solid, remove from cookie sheet and place into a freezer bag.  This bag is much easier to hide from your family than that big, shiny cookie sheet - fyi.

Now You're Cookin',
Chef Alli 

Printfriendly